About the Watford Partnership for Teacher Training (WPfTT)
The Watford Partnership for Teacher Training was created following the closure of two local Teaching School Alliances.
The Watford Partnership for Teacher Training is a new local approach to support those colleagues in the early stages of their career and brings together:
- Schools who have historically worked with one of the two local Teaching School Alliances, and
- Schools who have worked on their own for ITT
Currently there are 11 secondary schools involved in the Partnership
The Partnership will incorporate both Initial Teacher Training (ITT) and the Early Career Framework (ECF) to create a three-year programme of professional development.
The Vision for the Watford Partnership:
A partnership of local schools, supported by the University of Hertfordshire and Herts for Learning, to develop, train and inspire new teachers via a range of innovative programmes with the ultimate aim of improving outcomes and life chances for young people.
The partnership draws on the skills, knowledge and experience of teachers from a range of different schools, who are passionate about developing the next cohort of outstanding trainees.
What are the benefits of joining the Partnership?:
- Increased number of schools working collaboratively on ITT and the ECF
- Involves a variety of routes into teaching and not just School Direct
- Regular ongoing professional and social events for trainees
- Professional development devised and delivered by middle and senior leaders in local schools